Pre-assembled wall panels have added efficiency and flexibility to job site construction. Wall panels enable you to replace elements of stick construction with components manufactured away from the job site. Wall panels are built completely under roof using precision equipment. The major benefits you will experience are greater accuracy, lower labor costs, and faster construction.
Other factory made products include engineered roof trusses, kitchen cabinets, window, doors and stair systems.
Build a Better Structure In Less Time and Save Money!
At Better Living, your construction plans are transferred to our computer, where software is designed to catch and correct errors before they reach the job site. Our software is also designed to optimize standard dimensions of lumber.
Through efficient specification of materials and elimination of errors we help lower the cost of supplies. At Better Living we use only top quality building materials and guarantee your package price!
No Hidden Cost
You can budget your project with confidence. Your order is delivered to the job sit ON TIME, allowing you
to plan and maintain a realistic construction schedule. Wall panels erect quickly, so you can hire a smaller
work crew than you would need for a shorter period of time. Most houses are under roof within one day...
and many are under lock and key the very same day. The result is lower risk of damage due to weather
and less job site theft.
Is It Difficult To Erect Wall Panels?
NOT AT ALL! Panels can be positioned and anchored to a proper foundation literally within minutes. We label your plans and we label the wall panels.
any confusion over wall panel placement at the construction site.
What Is Included In a Typical Wall Panel Package?
- One-on-one planning with our panel department
- Numbered panels for ease of erection on site
- Corresponding numbers are labeled on the construction plans
- Panel studs are all 16" on center with double 2 x 4 top plates
- Exterior and interior bearing headers are 2 x 12
- Sheathing of your choice applies to exterior walls
- Windows can be preset as an option
- Fire blocking is installed in any wall over 8. high
- Kitchen cabinet blocking with fire blocking is applied
- Kitchen cabinet soffits are built
- Medicine cabinet rough openings are placed to your specs
- Beam pockets for porch beam supports are placed in walls
- Porch beams built
- 2 x 10 girders built and numbered left to right
- Truss gables sheathed
- Gable ladders built using 2 x 6
- Extra fireplace sections are available
- Double sills at all windows
- Crane straps can be applied to exterior walls
- Tyvek can be applied as an option
- Special arch window or door rough openings are made
- Also available... floor joists layout with all dimensions
- We also stock Tyvek as our air infiltration barrier
- Not included: electrical, plumbing, insulation and drywall.
Is Panelized Construction as Good as Stick Construction?
YOU BET! At Better Living we've taken the time to examine the automated building
industry and have invested in state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained
personnel. The quality which we produce stems from the best technology
available in the industry. Our factory is totally equipped to manufacture large
capacity, precise wall panels... completely under-roof. Our Diamond Quad FramerTM
and pneumatic tools enable precision cutting, fastening and construction
far superior to standard equipment. The benefits to you are guaranteed
accuracy, reliable delivery, and faster job site construction.
Steve and Liz Colvin Built This House Themselves!
Here's their panel story:
"Better Living helped us every step of the way. The first step was computerizing
and printing the building plans which we used to get our building permit. Our
panelpackage consisted of factory built roof trusses, exterior wall panels, and
interior framing panels. Panels included the blocking for our kitchen cabinets,
as well as openings for our specific doors and windows. Each wall panel on our computer plan was
numbered to match the physical panel delivered to our jobsite. Exterior and
interior walls went up with ease. Liz and I set the last 16' exterior panel on the second
floor by crane. It was the center-most panel and we had already set panels to
the left and right. I'll admit we were nervous that it might not fit, but it slipped
into place like a piece in a puzzle. We were amazed at how well everything just
Need more information? Interested in our panel brochure? Call (434) 978-1666 or